Friday, February 16, 2018

Les' Theory on Sasquatch/Bigfoot


I was contacted by one of our listeners A little while ago, and was asked what my thoughts were on what a Sasquatch or Bigfoot really is. I thought is was an interesting question since there seems to be many new theories hatching each day. So in light of that questions, I thought it would be a good thing to post. Here is my personal theory on what I believe a Sasquatch or Bigfoot to be....
It is my theory of Sasquatch to be along the lines of a relic hominid or primate. More along the lines of a descendant or surviving population of the Gigantopithecus Blacki. They could have easily migrated through the Bering Strait, as did many species of prehistoric creatures, and continued to thrive and evolve into a more bi-pedal means of locomotion allowing it to traverse a more rugged terrain.

As with many of the creatures that came across the strait, the wooly mammoth, wooly rhino, musk ox, etc, They all had thick fur to protect them from the elements. This I believe held true for the Sasquatch and continues as such due to it living in and being exposed to the elements. 

If not another branch off the primate tree, it could be more along the lines of a survivor of the Human lineage. Its proven that Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens had cross bred during times of interaction. Perhaps the Sasquatch is the hybrid offspring that were produced and more or less created their own race? Neanderthal were very strong and thick built, while Homo Sapiens were taller and more advanced intellectually. Neanderthal even learned to bury their dead and perhaps the "Hybrid Race" adopted that practice and continue to do so and that is why we fail to find their remains? 

There are other theories out there as far as the Sasquatch being more of a "paranormal entity" if you will, and travels through dimensions etc. I do not subscribe to that theory as I don't feel the need to cloud one mystery with another. If it does exist, I believe it to be a flesh and blood creature not some mythical magical element. I do not discredit others opinions as we are all entitled to our own. I just feel it to be otherwise.

What do you think the Sasquatch is??? Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment